Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jeter's Decision


I really don't know what Jeter's thinking.  He's not going to go to the All-Star game?? He's not going to go to the one game of the year that honors the best players in the league, less than a week after he joins the prestigious 3,000 hit club? Are you kidding me Jeter?  I honestly don't think Jeter realizes his career is on the fritz.  If he did, then he would also realize that his moments in the spotlight are going to be few and far between in the upcoming years.  This could have been a huge moment for him to bask in his own glory in front of thousands of fans.  I just don't see his reasoning.

Out of all the Yankees, I respect Jeter the most.  So I'll stop myself from criticizing him too harshly.  Perhaps he is truly emotionally and physically drained as he says he is.  Nonetheless, I still think he could show up at the All-Star game, stroll out onto the field, give a couple waves as the announcer talks about his milestone accomplishment, maybe he could even say a few quick words about his emotions and his love for baseball, and then kick back in his seat to watch the game.  Sounds like a great night to me.  All the attention without any of the effort.  But if he wants to piss off MLB and MLB fans nationwide, power to him -- He's just giving more people even more reasons to hate the Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment