Friday, August 12, 2011

Highlights from the Patriots' First Pre-Season Game


Boy it is nice to see some football being played again!  After all the agony with the lockout, it's great to see the players actually out there again.  It's reassuring.  It's final now.  There will be pigskin this Fall.

The first pre-season game is always interesting.  You get to see some new guys out there who may be regulars all season long.  You may be watching a future Hall-of-Famer's first game ever...you never know.

Anyways, here are some things I noticed last night while watching the game:

1) The MHK patches: All of the Patriot jerseys have a new patch this year with the initials "MHK" on the left shoulder in honor of the late Myra Kraft.  I think it's a great gesture by the players.  It's clear how much of an impact she had on the entire organization.

2) Stevan Ridley:  I think RB Ridley was one of the biggest stories of the game last night.  The rookie from LSU had two rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown in his first game last night.  Not a shabby first impression if you ask me.  It's premature, but I can picture the small and quick Ridley and the imposing Law Firm becoming an unstoppable duo.

3) Aaron Hernandez:  I was cringing when Hernandez fumbled that first pass of the game.  You know Belichick loves that type of stuff in the preseason games.  He wants fodder to use at practice this month.  And the more he has, the better this team will be.  I guarantee Hernandez doesn't fumble again this season.  It will be the only thing on his mind after last night's game.

4) Tom Brady:  Was he listening to his iPod on the sideline?  I couldn't tell what those headphones were attached to.  I suppose if you're Brady it's not a big deal to listen to some jams during a pre-season game.  What do you think is on Brady's iPod anyways?

5) Chad Ochocinco:  Seeing him on the sideline just felt right.  Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment